5 Ways to Get Involved with Refuge for Women North Texas
- Join a Meeting. On the Second Tuesday of each month, people from across Denton County join together to learn about sexual exploitation in DFW, what Refuge for Women is doing to help, and our current volunteer needs. This is the best place to start if you want to learn more!
- Volunteer. Our ministry thrives because of wonderful volunteers. If you want to use your gifts to help sexually exploited women, fill out our volunteer application and sign up for our newsletter so you can hear about upcoming opportunities.
We currently have the following volunteer positions open:
1. Volunteer Prayer Coordinator
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in a more detailed description.
- Host a Toiletry Drive. Women in our home have needs just like your family! Would your business, small group, or friends like to join together to collect toiletries?
- Join a Team
Prayer Team—our ministry has seen mountains move because of our prayer warriors. The prayer team receives a bi-weekly letter with the most recent requests, as well as meets together periodically to fellowship and pray together. If you’d like to be a prayer partner, sign up here.
Event Team—our Spring and Fall events are the main ways we raise awareness in Denton. Our spring event team is beginning to gather together to plan our gala. If you’d like to be involved, email us here.
Fundraising Team—our Fundraising team meets together each month to brainstorm how to share the ministry opportunities of Refuge for Women. If you would like to be a part of brainstorming, join us on the Third Tuesday of each month at Serve Denton.
- Host a House Party. Do you want to share with your friends and neighbors the issue of sexual exploitation in our area and how they can help? Host a house party! You provide the house and snacks, and we will provide a presentation to share about what Refuge for Women is doing in North Texas.